Sunday, March 29, 2009

You missed the party?


Friday was my birthday, in case you missed it. Which one? You'll have to go back and ask Roman.

Birthday candles that brightened the day:

**A hit and run hug from a cute blond.

**Lunch with Bestest Daughter at a fascinating little bistro.

**An impromptu rendition of Happy Birthday from the lady at the next table.

**All day long, congratulatory texts messages, including one from an unknown number.

**A mini party with Mom at The Place on the Hill. Luvly brought chocolate cupcakes.

**Mom getting either bored or antsy and rolling off to her room. Did Mom dis my party?

**A Saturday night celebration at my favorite restaurant with a number for a name. Us four and two more (Bestest Daughter and Bestest Son each brought a friend.) Bread was devoured, food was consumed, but wine alas, was only sipped.

**Birthday package from Yooper Sis including dark chocolate and sufficient endowment for a good brandy. With instructions to use it for such. I do believe I have corrupted her.

**Oh yes, and new lights for outside the garage, which Luvly suggested I might want to install for my birthday. Indeed.

Was it worth turning xx? What, you still haven't figured it out?

.

5 comments:

Scout said...

Happy birthday (belated)! I've a few years before I reach 50, but hear it's not so bad.

Erik said...

My invite must have been lost in the mail.

Farm-to-Table Feasts said...

What in the world is a hit and run hug?

Julie said...

Awww no way! Five-oh? Where is Hawaii? Book 'em Danno!

Now I'm getting sidetracked. You always do that to me!

JavaJo said...

What a truly delightful way to commentate on the BD proceedings!! I can still see mom cruising out of the room!giggle - me luvly?? how sweet is that!!