Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dream an Evil Queen


For your amusement, I present a short dream segment I wrote as part of a collaborative story for our writers group. I had fun writing it, hope you enjoy it.

Gray clouds crept along the ground, bringing with them, I was sure, creeping little orbs wielding deadly knives. A dark shape oozed out of the smoldering haze toward me and I reached frantically for my sword. What I pulled instead from my belt was a jagged mirror. I looked at it in panic, and saw the lined gray face of my brother staring blankly from bloodshot eyes.

I hurled the mirror to the ground where it exploded in a violet tinged fireball. The flames curled up gracefully, curving around the stunningly gorgeous face of Etherea. She smiled a deadly smile, and beckoned with a blood-red tipped finger.

"Come, Valentine, you must bring the Master to us. My husband may be the Boss, but I am Queen. You will not disappoint your Queen."

"Bring the Master, bring the... I will not disappoint... I will not... disappoint the mirror..."

I was suddenly face to face with Etherea, her eyes burning into mine. "Who am I?" The voice was velvety shards of glass.

"My Queen...you are...my Queen." The violet flames of her hair wrapped around my head and squeezed until everything turned black.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Holy moley Mark! What imagery! I don't know what to say!

Except this: Why is my word verification "unpress". Do i have ironing I should do?

Just wondering.....

Farm-to-Table Feasts said...

This is most definitely well-written. Great choice of descriptive words. I give you an A+. Mwah-ha-ha-ha.....