Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ho, Ho, Haiku

Ho ho haiku! I’m a finalist in the 17 syllable contest I mentioned last week. I entered the one that got a comment, (thank you Jason,) and made the top five out of a hundred or so.

Finalists and funky category winners are here. It’s a fun read, here are a few of my favorites:

The winner:
(anlyledo)
Winter morning yawns
A downy peace covers all
I burrow deeper

One of the finalists:
(Me)
Pent up words rusting
In my soul where I can't reach
With my fountain pen.

And a few category winners:

(Richard Mabry)
"Dashing through the snow
In a one-horse open sleigh.
O'er the fields we go...."

(Cosimod)
Of cookies and milk
Santa dines night and day. He
can't fit in his sleigh.

(Me)
Santa said if I
Was good, he’d give back Christmas
To that Jesus guy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Whoa! A Haiku contest! Yeowza!