Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Confession

I used to listen to the all-Silent Night channel on Accuradio. Everybody's version of my favorite carol, for hours on end. And then I discovered on a random Christmas CD the best version I've ever heard.

The most beautiful musical instrument on earth is the divinely created female voice. The best way to sing this song is the way it's written; silent, and holy. And that's what I hear when Christina Aguilera sings this song, first in English, then in Spanish.

May we all know the dawn of redeeming grace.


2 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

I've never heard this version before. Just lovely.

RoverHaus said...

Is it just me?

I'm a guy. It's Christina Aguilera. She's hot and singing in Spanish. I'm not thinking Chistmas thoughts.

Now Handel's Messiah....there is a Christmas reflection.