Sunday, March 23, 2008

They say...


Jose is back. The guy I used to hang out with, he's back. So they say. I haven't seen him, But everybody swears it's really him. Who's Jose? You had to ask, didn't you? Ok.

See, first I met him at a party. Cool and all, Jose always had a crowd around him, seems like. Great story teller. So I listened.

At first it just seemed like the typical self-help kinda stuff. You know, think good thoughts, have a good attitude. Plus a little bit of community spirit, like help your neighbor, feed the hungry. Jose even led an outdoor soup kitchen once.

Then it got more ethereal. What you give out comes back to you. You are what you think. Hmm, I think I'm a dark chocolate chunk.

But he kinda lost me when he tried to get political. No, he didn't run for office. He just started talking trash about corruption in the system, political, religious, social. You get a lot of enemies that way in a hurry.

The last straw though, was when Jose seemed to get a Messiah complex. I mean, you could interpret it different ways, but it sounded like he was comparing himself to God. Almost like he thought he was divine. Hmm.

Yeah, that pretty well did it. The corrupt religious right got together with crooked politicians, and accused him of working against the government. In my middle east country, that gets you executed. Quickly.

Well, it was good while it lasted. I thought. Guy took himself way too seriously.

Except.

They said he's back. Wait-- wasn't Jose dead?

Oh yeah, and it wasn't Jose, it was his son.

Jesus

No comments: