Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jump on, have fun


The wise young lad stood resolutely in the middle of the playground, ignoring the hubbub around him.

"Whatcha doin?" yelled a girl as she raced past him.

"Plotting my course to the top of the jungle gym." Thoughtfully he studied his target.

"Why not jump on and play?" I hollered as I raced after the girl.

For the next ten minutes we managed to use every bar, pole, swing, rope and gadget on that structure. We each fell at least once. I pulled her hair to slow her down. She punched my arm and made me fall. But we made it to the top, together. Stood up there balancing on the two main support posts twelve feet off the ground.

We held hands and yelled, "We're the king of the mountain!"

You don't plot a course to the top of the monkey bars. You jump on, have fun, and climb. Most likely, you'll get to the top.

No comments: