Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Cold Toast to Warm Beer


Slush.

Snow.

Ice.

Cold.

Clouds.

Yeah, that kind of day

Then on to an hour and a half of boring and stressful paperwork at home.

At 10:30 I'm finally ready for my nightcap. From the best breadman in 6 counties, a dill seasoned roll, split in two, toasted, and topped with brie. Oh yeah.

And! My son brought home a six pack of a Great Lakes Amber Lager. The boy has good taste.

So, hot toast, melting brie, cold beer, Las Vegas on da tube, I'm good for the night.

Except. I stopped in my son's room with a routine question, and got instead a Dad's dream conversation. He asked me about the date he was planning. Is the restaurant okay? The chick flick cause it's romantic, or the thriller because his date wants to see it too? What to do if they have extra time? Yeah, he was asking questions, and listening to the answers.

Twenty minutes later, I went back to cold toast, rubbery cheese, and warm beer. And enjoyed every bit of it.

No comments: