Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Backyard Fantasy World


A magical world. Another place. Cliches, it's true, but true they are.

My snow-covered backyard in the light of the full moon. Is it eerie? Not really. It is cold, but not so much. But this other-worldy blue light that oozes everywhere is hypnotic. I can stand in the midnight shadow of the Sideways Tree (yes in the shadow, at midnight) and I'm not myself. It's not my backyard. I can be where I want to. More important, I can be who I want to. Anything is possible. Why?

Can I carry within myself an atmosphere, an aura all my own that puts me in a reality where I can be whatever I want? Well, why not?

I didn't think of the moon as blue, just the air. And not blue like sad. Not blue like cold. Just blue like - um - ice? neon?

No comments: