Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chillin'


Yes, this actually was the scene at the end of a long lazy Sunday afternoon. *

After church, a 45 minute drive down Rt. 93 through scenic rolling hills (did I type that out loud?) took us to Roscoe Village. No, it was not founded by Rosco P. Coltrane, sorry. We did find parking, but only after I drove all the way from one end of the village to the other waiting for Jo to show me the restaurant, while she was waiting for me to pull into the next empty spot.

We ended up under the trees on the patio at Lock 27 Tavern. The chili-burger and baked beans were amazing - well okay, they were really good. Along the way the question came up, if your server doesn't smile, and you see another who is very friendly, shouldn't you be able to switch?

After a brief chit-chat with the couple who had their rottweiler and blue heeler in a trailer behind their motorcycle, we wandered across the street to the wine/coffee bar. We did not have wine. We did not have coffee. But we did have ice-cold beverages, (one each, Naomi,) which really put me in the mood for a nap. The shoes came off, the feet put up, and much relaxation was had.

Yes, indeed this was a day of rest.
*See 8/15/08

3 comments:

RoverHaus said...

Sounds like a day of rest indeed!

For the record, I couldn't get away with a photo of my foot posted on my blog. It would be classified as unsuitable for public consumption.

Farm-to-Table Feasts said...

You slept on the sidewalk??? Or perhaps dozed in the chair with a hat over your face? I'd have to wait to put my foot up until I get a pedicure. I guess I need a trip back to the beauty shop.

Becky said...

A day of rest for me would be hopefully taking a nap at the same time that Nate is. If I can get him down for one.