Tuesday, October 20, 2009

[GOD] : ROFL

I picture God ROFL at our antics on some days. To One who sees what's around the next curve - what's coming tomorrow or next week or next year, our frantic paddling or pompous planning must look hilarious.

Like this: I meet my friend Joe every week, when we swap stories and he shares wisdom. Two weeks ago I talked to him about dissatisfaction with my career track leaving me unfulfilled and poorly rewarded. That means I didn't like my job and I wasn't making money. He gave me wise advice and sent me on my way.

The next week, I met Joe with a smile and a hug and the news that my career frustration was over. I now had a brand new opportunity. That meant I was laid off from my job and was allowed to look for something different. And Joe, he resisted the temptation to laugh aloud at the turn of events.

But God? I think he chuckled. Laughed. Rolled on the floor in mirthful glee. Because He knows whats around the next curve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thunder in the heavens :-)

Julie said...

"Rolled on the floor in mirthful glee." What an image! Love it!