Tuesday, June 30, 2009

unsaid

the wind it was from out the south
that took the words from out my head
and put their bite into my mouth
the wind it was that woke the dead

the dark was not to be unsealed
not ready for the light to show
in long hid places still concealed
the dark was not a thing to know

the words were thoughts and only that
not ready for the light of day
unformed unshapen and quite flat
the words were not the words you say

the echo came from off the ear
that heard the words were left unsaid
and spoke from out beneath the fear
the echo came and woke the dead

the echo heard the words unsaid
the wind it was that woke the dead

***

don't ask me what this means, tell me
.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hmmmm guess i don't feel bad for not knowing either.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Lovely. To me it means communication, often kept inside.